Solution Squared Series by Mike Fontenot
Posted by Krystal Larson at 10:10 AM Thursday, May 17, 2012
Courtney Bergstrom: Her inimitable aptitude for analysis, lets her see things - things the rest of us don't, or perhaps can't. Her mind operates as smoothly, and as quickly, as a computer - one or zero, on or off. At twenty-five years of age, she will mastermind and execute one of the most intricate defections in the history of espionage.
Whitney Bergstrom: Quick, agile, deviously cunning, and with a demeanor most often described as dispassionate, she appears and disappears like a shadow, on a cloudy day. At twenty-five years of age, she will kill a man, with nothing more than her bare hands, and never give it a second thought.
Together they are the CIA's latest solution - squared.
Catch is, the bad guys have no idea there are two of them.
Meet Christine Nelson, the always bubbly and absurdly efficient Staff Attaché, attached to the US Embassy, London - aka Courtney OR Whitney Bergstrom. Catch is, unless they want you to, you'll never know which one of them she is. Just one of the many benefits of being identical twins.
What at first appears to the sisters, to be an intriguing one of a kind opportunity, quickly becomes a daily life and death struggle as they weave their way through the onslaught of deceit, danger, and daily insanity that is life as a CIA field agent. In the end, they will discover one of the harshest realities of life as spy - the good guys don't always win.
Their first field supervisor's cynical statement that '...in this business, at some point, everyone dies,' will in the end, prove to be a chilling reality.
SOLUTION SQUARED is an espionage thriller that will take the reader on a fastpaced, methodical journey, through multiple cities on three continents, and ends with an unpredictable twist.
The Goodreads summary above does a great job of providing the plot and background. The characters are as interesting as they sound! Whitney was such a cool character. She has both the flash and the brains. Courtney will likely remind the reader of his/her favorite female superhero. The two work well together and make up the CIA's Squared Solution. The reader him/herself will have a difficult time telling the two, twins, apart. Their utterly confusing appearance works to their advantage throughout the series. Being a twin comes in handy when one needs to work behind the scenes and the other needs to charm the targets.
The sisters will have many opportunities, mysteries, and suspicious events. The reader will get to follow their activities and think through everything the two experience with them. The plot itself is fairly fast-paced. The books are very long and there are many fast scenes and a couple slower ones. The writing is not awkward or choppy, the reader will likely be able to keep the scenes straight without having to backtrack too much. The books seem to get less predictable as the reader passes through the series. Overall, an adult reader would be most likely to enjoy the series.
This product or book may have been distributed for review, this in no way affects my opinions or reviews.
Grab my Button
<div align="center"><a href="http://livetoread-krystal.blogspot.com/" title="Live to Read" target="_blank"><img src="http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-uvNsi6hvZtM/Tt5G1nXGbsI/AAAAAAAABBI/VJ0J0_3ozg8/s1600/button.jpg" alt="Live to Read" style="border:none;" /></a></div>
http://www.onewaytextlink.com. Powered by Blogger.
- For Darkness Shows the Stars by Diana Peterfreund
- The Midwife of Venice by
- Review and Giveaway!: 365 Days! (USA)
- Huge Blogoversary (belated) Giveaway! (USA/CAN)
- Entice Cover Reveal!
- Betrayed Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Giveaway: In Leah's Wake By Terri Long
- Frequent Traveller Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post by Author Janey Beasley!
- Fair Game by Patricia Briggs
- Splash Into Summer Giveaway Hop!
- Summer Essentials Blog Tour!!! Guest Posts and Giv...
- Golden Chariot by Chris Karlsen: Review and INTERN...
- In Leah's Wake by Terri Long Excerpt and Charity P...
- Of Poseidon by Anna Banks: Review, Guest Post, and...
- Wish You Were Here by Beth K. Vogt
- Guest Post by Heather Huffman *Free ebook!*
- Fated by Alyson Noel
- Spirit Fighter by Jerel Law
- Starters by Lissa Price
- Crazy Dangerous by Andrew Klavan
- New Girl by Paige Harbison
- Colors Like Memories Book Blast and Giveaway!
- Diamond Jubilee Celebration Hop!
- Guest Post by Author Hillary Peak!
- Current Giveaways!
- Guest Post By Zoraida Cordova
- The Vicious Deep by Zoraida Cordova
- Swipe by Evan Angler
- Sunrise Point by Robyn Carr
- The Nose Knows by Holly L. Lewitas
- Nice Girls Don't Bite Their Neighbors by Molly Har...
- Beauty by Lisa Daily
- The Beauty Book by Nancy Rue
- The 7% Solution: You Can Afford a Comfortable Reti...
- The Lily Series: Here's Lily! by Nancy Rue
- Waking Storms by Sarah Porter
- Calico Joe by John Grisham
- Between the Duke and the Deep Blue Sea by Sophia N...
- Charlinder's Walk by Alyson Miers: review and give...
- Love In Bloom Giveaway Hop!
- Solution Squared Series by Mike Fontenot
- Research, or how to avoid annoying your readers by...
- A Beautiful Medicine by David Mercier
- Goddess Interrupted by Aimee Carter: Review and Gi...
- Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
- What Really Matters by Karen M. Wyatt, M.D.
- Shadow's Edge by Jami Gray Giveaway: Comment to wi...
- Rock of Ivanore Bookblast and Giveaway!
- Guest Post: How Adversity Turns into Inspiration b...
- Forever Hilltop (An Unlikely Blessing & Surprising...
- Hell Hath No Fury by Bill Blais Cover Reveal!
- Searching for Sassy by Alyson Mead
- Code Name Verity by Elizabeth Wein
- Nothing Special by Geoff Herbach Guest Post/Review...
- Lucky Fools by Coert Voorhees
- The Selection by Kiera Cass
- The Calling by Kim O'Neill
- Overseas by Beatriz Williams
- Who Loves Gamehouse?
- Happy Mother's Day Kindle Fire Giveaway!
- A Bunch of Giveaways! Many International-Gift Car...
- Struck by Jennifer Bosworth
- In Leah's Wake by Terri Long Excerpt and Giveaway ...
- College Boys: Men of Holsum College 1 Review and $...
- Children's Book Week Giveaway Hop!
- Tilt A Whirl Booth Giveaway!
- Forever by Cheri Schmidt
- Silence by Michelle Sagara
- Burn Mark by Laura Powell
- Underworld by Meg Cabot
- Kings & Queens Book Blast and Giveaway!!!
- Kings & Queens Book Blast and Giveaway On Monday!
- Shadow On The Wall by Pavarti K. Tyler
- Elemental by Emily White
- The Girl In The Park by Mariah Fredericks
- Saving You, Saving Me by Kailin Gow
- Unspent Time Launch Party!!! (Giveaways!)
- What She Left Behind by Tracy Bilen
- Random Acts Guest Post and $25 Barnes and Noble Gi...
- Giveaway! Autographed Set of Books! USA
- First Comes Love Giveaway! (USA)
- Writing a romance novel and baking a dessert have ...
- Ferocity Summer by Alissa Grosso
- When You Were Mine by Rebecca Serle
- The Last Princess by Galaxy Craze
- The Boo Hag by David Morgan
- Masque of the Red Death by Bethany Griffin
- Rebel McKenzie by Candice F. Ransom
- Author Contest!
- Finding My Faith Guest Post and $15 Gift Card Give...
- Stories My Mother Told Me . . . and the Ones She N...
- Elemental Book Blast Promotion and Giveaway!
- Sway by Amber McRee Turner
- Unraveling by Elizabeth Norris
- The Temptation by Alisa Valdes
- While He Was Away by Karen Schreck
- Miracle by Elizabeth Scott
- ▼ May (100)